Source: Manitoba Beef Producers
A provincial variance is in effect re: the restriction on winter nutrient applications under The Nutrient Management Regulation.
Nutrients cannot be applied on or after November 13th, 2021*
*Due to expectation of snow cover, frozen soils and below freezing temperatures
- Nutrients are not to be surface-applied without immediate incorporation.
- Nutrients are not to be applied within Nutrient Management Zone N4 or the Nutrient Buffer Zone.
- Nutrients are not to be applied to poorly or very poorly drained soils including coarse textured Gleysols with improved drainage (for example agriculture capability class 4W, 5W and 6W soils) that are saturated for extended periods during spring thaw.
- Nutrients are not be applied to erosive soils located near watercourses but outside the Nutrient Buffer Zone.
- The agricultural producer is obliged to assess current weather conditions and periodically check weather forecasts when applying nutrients after November 9th. Nutrients should not be applied in instances where the weather outlook is unfavourable such as if snow or an appreciable amount of rainfall is expected that would result in runoff.
- All other requirements of the Nutrient Management Regulation and the Livestock Manure and Mortalities Management Regulation remain in effect.
- All other local, federal and provincial legislation must be followed.
For the latest information visit: Manitoba.ca/NutrientDates where updates will be posted.